- Born 1965 in Hamburg
- Three children: Philipp, born 1997; Morris, born 1998 and Hanna, born 2008
- Medical school: from 1988 to 1994 in Frankfurt/Main and Tübingen
- MD granted in 1994 for research on causes of fetal and neonatal death
- Postgraduate training in Paediatrics from 1995 to 2002 in various hospitals in Germany and the UK
- Since 2003: Work as Consultant Paediatrician for the British Forces in various locations in the North West of Germany
Dr Rasspe is listed on the German and British specialist register for Paediatricians. He has spent a significant part of his professional career in the National Health Service in the United Kingdom, where he obtained the internationally recognized qualification of Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. In addition he is an instructor in Advanced Paediatric Life Support, a qualification that recognizes his expertise in life-threatening paediatric emergencies and illnesses.